Tuesday 16 August 2011

Immortals; New trailer hits more polish, more 300 comparisons...

submit to reddit

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious


I’m still waiting to be convinced by this film, I really am. I love the cast, Henry Cavill was one of many outstanding performers in The Tudors, but seeing him get a big break both here and as the new Superman is pretty cool. I like the energy of the film; I like the idea behind it, but I still don’t get the artifice, the stylised look. When I se outside scenes I’ instantly reminded that this isn’t ‘real’. Troy, Clash of The Titans, when I saw those films, with scores of soldiers on the sands it looked real. Here there is the studio look of 300, but without reason? Without dramatic effect, it’s just there, because it can be? Because they want us to think 300 good = Immortals good?. It’s just there, because that’s how it should look?



Immortals: New trailer for the, Henry Cavill & Mickey Rourke starring, Greek Myth movie.



Maybe it’s just my baggage? Maybe I just want Ranger to get his bow back? I still hope this film gives us the Greek Myth classic I think we’ve missed from the big screen for too long.


Synopsis...

“Visionary director Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall) and producers Gianni Nunnari (300), Mark Canton (300) and Ryan Kavanaugh (The Fighter) unleash an epic tale of treachery, vengeance and destiny in Immortals, a stylish and spectacular 3-D adventure. As a power-mad king razes ancient Greece in search of a legendary weapon, a heroic young villager rises up against him in a thrilling quest as timeless as it is powerful. The brutal and bloodthirsty King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) and his murderous Heraklion army are rampaging across Greece in search of the long lost Bow of Epirus. With the invincible Bow, the king will be able to overthrow the Gods of Olympus and become the undisputed master of his world. With ruthless efficiency, Hyperion and his legions destroy everything in their wake, and it seems nothing will stop the evil king's mission. As village after village is obliterated, a stonemason named Theseus (Henry Cavill) vows to avenge the death of his mother in one of Hyperion's raids. When Theseus meets the Sybelline Oracle, Phaedra (Freida Pinto), her disturbing visions of the young man's future convince her that he is the key to stopping the destruction. With her help, Theseus assembles a small band of followers and embraces his destiny in a final desperate battle for the future of humanity.”




Here it goes

<a href='http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-trailers/#/video/fba6e5d7-fd0d-43b5-b51c-18d8f51cab37' target='_new' title='&#39;Immortals&#39; Trailer' >Video: &#39;Immortals&#39; Trailer</a>

Gimme back my bow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment