Sunday 21 August 2011

The Avengers presentation at D23... Loki:- “I have an army” Stark:- “We have Hulk"; Tom Hiddlestone (Loki) interview Spoilers

submit to reddit

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious




Well according to Kevin Fiege there are just two weeks of filming left for The Avengers and things are really heating up. Those lucky enough to be present at Disney’s D23 expo were treated to a footage that won’t be shown anywhere; including a shot of the Hulk roaring that brought the house down.




Speaking of The Hulk the footage included a scene / series of Scenes, involving a captured Loki in S.H.I.E.L.D prison cell originally intended to hold The Hulk. The cell is essentially all windows and in those windows we see sky and a storm below. Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson) explain that if Loki even thinks about escaping the cell will be dropped 30,000 feet. So it is confirmed that the cell is aboard the iconic S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarrier.

S.H.I.E.L.D Hellicarrier.appears to be in the sky at the top of this poster
Ultimate Hellicarrier


Loki again displays his knack for messing with human technology and appears to be able to see or feel whoever is watching  him on the security cameras. (In this case agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) Captain America (Chris Evans) and crucially Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo)  are all observing) Knowing that Banner is watching Loki mischievously steers the conversation towards te Hulk and plans to put him in that cell. Banner later states that “He really grows on you, doesn't he.”, and he is Referring to Loki.




There are more confrontations between Fury & Loki and Stark & Loki. Fury tells loki "You talk about peace and you kill cos it's fun”
But the biggest and best came near the end and if this final line doesn’t make it to the end of the next trailer I’ll eat my hat.




Stark & Loki exchange threats / insults and it leads to this:-




In a trailer courting dialogue Tony Stark sums up the strength of The Avengers for Loki;
“A couple of master assassins, a demigod, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend”  He is of course referring to master spies / assassins Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) & Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), demigod Thor (Chris Hemsworth) Living Legend Captain America (Chris Evans)
Stark goes on to warn Loki that “... you, big fella, managed to piss off every one of them."
Loki replies "I have an army."



Stark gets the best tagline that any trailer will have between now and next summer
 "We have a Hulk!"

And the crowd went wild!




I cannot wait...


(Updated with more action)The Avengers; Chris Hemsworth (Thor) & Chris Evans (Captain America battle) ****** on the streets of New York. Video and pics... (Spoilers of course)






Tom Hiddleston


2 comments:

  1. Well, I do have a soft spot for Loki, even if he could have been even more naughty in Thor ; P I sincerely hope he will improve and be even "badder". Still haven't seen C.A, it's currently running on our local cinema. But I did try to see "Priest" yesterday. Man, it's not that often me and the hubby agree to turn off a film but once in a while...like last night. I like Karl Urban, but I only managed to see the first 30-40 min. Reason? We were bored, and last time that happened it was when trying to see Uwe Boll's "Bloodrayne" some years ago. And vampires are usually my thing, but I am not impressed! (I am actually taking a lit.course about vampires this summer ha,ha). And yep, I'm just fine and dandy here in good old "Svedala" : ) Hope things are great in (on) the Queen's island as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Priest.

    Captain America was very good. A lot of heart and pretty emotional actually.

    I think Loki was about the right amount of naughty in Thor. They wanted to build a "real" villain, rather than a Mwa-ha-ha-ha I'm evil for no reason type. He's more misguided in Thor. He starts doing the right thing (Thor would have been a terrible King) but as he gets further into it and he starts having to do bad things to keep it all going he loses it. By the Avengers it sounds like he's become totally deluded and is going to be doing some very bad things with his army of Troll?, Elves? Skrull? I really can't wait.

    "We have a Hulk" classic :))

    ReplyDelete