Friday 5 August 2011

Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy; from the director of Let The Right One In.

submit to reddit

Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious




Now this is now you make a trailer. A trailer that feels this full of suspense, this dramatic, this tense, barely a whiff of any action at all and it feels like if I can only go to the cinema one more time this year I have to see this film. Using the music (Erik's theme I think) from x-Men: First Class is  inspired too.

You simply don’t get a better cast than this, you may be able to get more names and you may be able to get other actors of a very high calibre, but you’ll not get a mix of acting talent any better than this on display here. That the man has never won an Oscar is a mystery ad is more ammunition for those who think less and less of those particular awards.

In Let The Right One In director, Tomas  Alfredson proved himself a master at the slow build, at showing various different pieces of a puzzle in a way that always kept you interested, always kept you question, despite what was, by modern standards, a very slow build. It’s plain to see why he would be considered a perfect choice to direct a film of this much loved classic John le Carré novel.


<a href='http://video.msn.com?vid=4eb189e9-5402-4080-be75-df5d3ed96b68&amp;mkt=en-gb&amp;src=FLPl:embed::uuids' target='_new' title='Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: Exclusive Movie Trailer' >Video: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: Exclusive Movie Trailer</a>








2 comments:

  1. Gary Oldman is the major reason why I'd like to see this film. I my (humble) opinion he has an intensity that is hard to match. Now, I'm not talking about running around lika a madman á la Staham and co. But more of an emotional intensity. I sometimes wish it was possible to freeze actors so that they could perform forever. (My favourite example here is Ian McKellen, please don't die, I can't stand a replacement for Gandalf : D ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary Oldman is pure class. I could watch him in anything and I agree 100%, he's hard to match. You're right about Ian McKellen too, he needs to go on for ever :)

    ReplyDelete