Monday 6 June 2011

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt.2 New trailer / featurette.



I know this film is a very big deal for an awful lot of people but I‘ll admit I’m not a huge fan of Harry Potter. I’ve read all the books, two of which I thought were pretty awful; one I thought was average and the other four I found pretty entertaining, two of them very much so.

The films are pretty much the same, except that the first two films are absolute rubbish and I kind of wish that the legions of rabid Potter fans had left them alone after one viewing, it may have forced Warners to make more of an effort at actually crafting a great series of films.  Chris Columbus is an average director at best and his two Potter movies, the first two just proved both that, and that Spielberg was right in his suggestion that books 1 & 2 really warranted one movie not two. (Two incredibly long, drawn out dull and often cheap looking films.) I’m still baffled as to how two such short books can have been so slavishly adapted into such overlong films and still somehow miss out so much of what seemed important to the mythology of the whole thing. The Ghosts and Centaurs etc just seemed wasted and inconsequential.  That those movies could often look so cheap and cost more to make than the Lord of The Rings films is mystery of epic proportions!

If you’re wondering why I read all of the books when I clearly didn’t like the first two very much you can blame one of my closest friends. She was convinced that I’d like them and said I just needed to get to the third book. She was right, Book one was pretty lame, book 2 was awful, if for no other reason than it felt like half of it was just book one again, but The Prisoner of Azkaban, that was a good read.

So to the new trailer; as the title says it is part trailer, part featurette. There’ some cool behind the scenes clips of the cast through the years and some new clips from the final movie too.
Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. Damn right it's a big deal to some people ; P As a huge HP-fan this last film is both good and bad at the same time. Good since Potter fans always want more Potter, and bad since we all know this is ending now. One thing I can agree with you on is that it is amazing how the films can be so long, and yet are missing a lot of important stuff. It is all the details around the main story that gives these books that little extra, so why omitt that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, there needed to be a lot more in than was and some of what was in cut out. The spirit was missing from a lot of those movies. :)

    ReplyDelete