- Big, but not Independence Day big space ships turned up in 29 locations around the world!
- In a sharp dig / comment on 21st century humanity these giant ships come equipped not with plasma beams (well maybe) but with the handy ability to turn the bottoms of their mother ships into massive video-screens, 3D optional.
- Anna, the Queen of the aliens, who call themselves Visitors, uses these screens to proclaim that the Vs are “...of peace." Whatever that means.
- In yet another dig at 21st century values all of the Visitors are allegedly, strikingly attractive to look at. You see whilst the aliens of World Invasion: Battle L.A, spent decades studying our military tactics, technology and physiology, the visitors were rather more intelligent. They got some popcorn and beverages, put their claws up and watched lots of movies and TV. Cleverly deducing that any amount of spin would get them further than all out warfare, especially if those providing the spin were amazingly good looking. Hmm, maybe they just watched Zoolander. Maybe 5th Column should see if the Vs can turn left!
- 5th column? It’s nothing to do with Tetris, this is the name of the long standing resistance movement involving rebel Vs both at “home”, on V ships and on Earth. We puny earthlings are also involved in fighting the Vs.
- Parents and progeny, how not to raise your young. There’s a lot of “alien special Jeremy Kyle” on the way. Anna is using her daughter to help further the cause of the Vs, but her daughter really isn’t happy about it and secretly wants to help the humans. Not least of all because she is in love with Anna’s favourite pet project (perhaps literally) Tyler. Now Tyler is a human who loves all things V. Something he was trying to keep from his mum, because he thought she didn’t like them. Until it turned out she got the gig of being Anna’s FBI protector on Earth. Simples no? Well, no. Turns out Tyler was right, his mum, Erica, really, really hates the Vs because she knows that whatever they’re here for it isn’t to watch the Super bowl. She also knows they are not human, are spying on people the world over using their nifty camera jackets, like the one Tyler ALWAYS wears; curse his lack of fashion sense! So Anna’s daughter is lying to her mum and her Boyfriend Tyler, but not to his mum, Erica, who is lying to her son and to Anna, but to be fair Anna is lying to everyone, including the other Vs about..... Oh no, wait, that would be a spoiler so wait your turn.
- As if all that East Enders wasn’t enough Ryan has been lying to his fiancée for a looong time, she found out, but unfortunately that didn’t stop her from getting all abducted. She thought she got lucky when they declined to probe her and helped birth her child, but her usefulness at an end Anna “took care of her” and is taking care of the baby. This leaves Ryan a prisoner on Anna’s ship agonisingly close to his baby and, kind of, mourning his lost love.
- Why kind of? Well being no good reptile things the Vs have no emotions. Well they didn’t until they got a little too clever for their own good. You see those parallel universe Visitors who invaded that other Earth of the mid 1980s stuck to simple, Mission Impossible style, tear off latex masks to hide their scaly features. This bunch has gone all 21st Century and use actual biological skin instead. The problem with this is that, somehow it can lead to the Vs getting “infected” with human emotions. It is these Vs that tend to be 5th column members; but even they are kinda Vulcan when it comes to emotions.
- This leads me neatly to the end of this section. Anna decided to give birth to a particularly nasty batch of warrior Vs; realising that they’d never get to watch the Super bowl if all out war with hideous warrior Vs broke out our little resistance cell managed to get Erica onboard Anna’s ship so she could cull said nasty lizards. Meanwhile Joshua, main of the 5Th column on Anna’s ship was discovered and killed, Anna’s human media mouthpiece, Chad Decker, discovers some seriously Josef Mengele like torture science involving ‘live aboard’ humans and may finally be about to put the safety of his species above that big promotion. Erica Evans manages to blow up Anna’s gestating army, causing Anna to manifest that which her kind most hate and fear, (no not the X-Men) emotion. In a fit of pique (I’ve always wanted to say that!) she smashes some buttons and Bob’s your uncle, the sky turns a hideous blood red. End season one!
- WHAT!?!? We have to wait how long to find out what’s going to happen? Lucky you, the wait is over
- Good guys (mostly)
Thursday, 24 March 2011
Ok there are those that may never have seen the first season of the 21st century incarnation of V. Shame on you, but fear not season 2 begins with lightening quick Previously on and a very well written opening 5 – 10 minutes or so that pretty much brings you up to speed on what you need to know about what’s happening, who everyone is and what their motivations are. Er, well that’s not entirely accurate; you’ll still be wondering what the Vs are up to, but you’ll have a much better idea of that come the end of the episode. In other words, no excuses, if you haven’t been watching start now!
As for my own super speedy recap here goes.......
Posted by TheRealEverton at 14:15